Monday, December 21, 2009

Feliz Navidad!
Well it’s that time again! E-mailonday!! How’s everything going with the holidays?? Well Elder Morales and I received probably one of the greatest gifts that we could get this Christmas as missionaries; we have a baptism on Christmas Eve!!! 2 of them actually! They’re both sisters, the youngest who for sure is getting baptized Thursday, her name is Paloma (which means dove in Spanish) and the older, her name Raquel (which means Rachel in Spanish) but I think what gets me the most about this baptism is Paloma and her joy and excitement to get baptized. They’ve been taught for a few years and they’ve wanted to get baptized for like 2 years but their mom wouldn’t allow it, so just recently Paloma was sick and she wanted a blessing, so she got a blessing and after her blessing, her mom was in the room and she said that she felt the spirit so strongly and she said that it was ok for Paloma and Raquel to get baptized. And to see just the sheer joy on Paloma’s face when we were planning out her baptism and everything is just incredible! She’s already talking about going to the temple to do baptism really soon and to even go on a mission! She’s only 18 and she kind of bummed that she has to wait 3 more years until she can serve a mission. It just warms my heart to see what the gospel does for people in their lives and the joy that it brings to everyone and also to see the Spirit of the Lord work on people and change their hearts, it took a long time but it happened. So that’s going to be a good start to Christmas Eve and Christmas is those two baptisms! We’re so stoked!!
So mom and dad the 12 days of Christmas thing was a sweet idea! Thanks! But I kind of have a confession to make……I maybe…..kind of…..well sorta…..just by accident….not on purpose…..OK I OPENED ONE PREMATURELY!!! So at night believe it or not it gets freezing here and alls I have for warmth is a few sheets, a t-shirt, shorts, and breath, I swear I’m gonna turn into an egg because every morning that’s how I find myself waking up, so you know me I tried to guess what every present is, so far 5/8 not too shabby I might add but I saw I think it was day 11 where the riddle was talking about sleeping warm or something like that…and it was like an answer to my prayers!!! So I ripped that baby open and it was exactly what I thought it was….pajama pants!!! So yea I’m a naughty boy for opening a gift up early but now I sleep like a baby awww nice and cozzzzzzey! It’s nice! So yea that my confession but you must have read my mind of what I wanted because everything that I’ve got so far has been something that I’ve wanted some time or another out here! So you two bad, you bad.

Welp I’ve gotta run… Lots ta do with nots a lots of time!!! So I hope that you all have the very best Christmas ever!!! Oh and If you have time on www.lds.org there a few new mormon messages that are really good that everyone should check out!!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good day!!
Love you all lots, with all my heart,
Elder Ryan Phillip Lawter

No comments:

Post a Comment