Tuesday, May 10, 2011

So I hope that everyone... well all the mothers future or current had a good
weekend! I know it was a good meeting in Sacrament last Sunday for all the 5
moms that we had haha actually there was a few more but all in all I think
that we had around 20 or so people at church... I liked it...it just seemed
like a nice little family but it also indicates that there's much to be done
here!
Im actually just gonna start right into to my little spiritual thought
because Ive only got like 15 min left on here before it kicks me off so
it'll be short and sweet but I was reading through the last chapter of John
in 21 the other day and it just hit be like a train how powerful this
chapter is. So background on it all this is after Christ was crucified and
I'm sure the apostels were like well what next? The Man that we've followed
for all these years and worshiped is gone so what do we do now? Well they
went back to what they did best and that was fishing. There were 5 of them
that went Peter included and they couldn't catch anything that night...not
even a turtle and lo and behold there was a man that appeared on the shore
and told them to throw their net and the other side of the ship and so they
did and the scripture said that there were so many fish in the net that they
couldn't reel it in...it was just to heavy. So one of the disciple looked at
Peter and said it's Him...it's our Master that we've been following this
whole time...so what does Peter do...He cannonballs it into the water and
starts Michael Phelpsing it towards his Master. And when he gets there and
the other apostles the Risen Lord already has breakfast made for them...It's
amazing even after His mortal ministry He continues to perform miracles and
looking outward to His fellow men. And the part while they were eating is
the part I kind of wanted to focus on...and this is what the scripture says
starting in verse 15 "So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter,
Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea,
Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.He
saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He
saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him,
feed my sheep. He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest
thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest
thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest
that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, feed my sheep." Peter already
knowing when Christ says something 3 times He means it but of all the things
that we tells His chief apostle He tells him...leave everything behind:
fishing, relaxing, everything! and feed my sheep! Then He later goes on and
says "Follow thou me" As many miracles that happened in this chapter
occurred I think this is the greatest one because after we see the Apostle
Peter turn into one of the greatest witnesses of the Risen Lord that this
world has ever seen. And it's my prayer that we do the same..The Good
Shepperd wants His sheep to return so that's why He continues to give the
commission to feed His sheep...There are plenty of people that need our help
constantly and we were either born in this Gospel or privileged enough to
hear and accept it to simply share it and bless others who stand in need of
it. "When thou art converted strengthen thy brethren." and as we do I can
promise that the Spirit of the Lord will come upon us and we will feel it
more strongly than ever before if we yet feed His sheep.
Have a good week and know that I love you all!!!!
Much love,
Elder Ryan Lawter

No comments:

Post a Comment