Sunday, July 19, 2009

Week 1- 7/6/09


Hey everyone!So today is my P-day....Finally! Missionaries have said that once you get to Sunday then it will go by way fast! It's true! Last week drug on and on FOREVER! But this week has been really quick and I think that's how it's gonna go for the rest of my mission! I hope everyone's doing fine! Things here are going really good! The progression spiritually that Iv'e seen in myself is incredicle! Only after six days being here, I've already pretty much got the first lesson down! My companions and I work pretty well together, sometimes they can be dweebs but we're all here for the same cause and that's what I always tell myself when I wanna slap em'. It seems like so much has gone on since I've been here! Some cool stories I'll tell you, a few actually happened yesterday.... There's a place in the MTC that's called the RC which means the Referal Center and what we do is we take call and make calls from people who call the church for Book of Mormons and other things like on the Bible and what we do is send it to them but pretty much talk to them about the Gospel over the phone. I get nervous sometimes because I don't know what to say but when instinces like that happen the Spirit never fails me by putting words in my mouth every single time! It's incredicle the Spirit that is here! Besides Temples I don't think there's another place on earth that holds the Spirit so strongly! But anyways story time... So this lady called me yesterday and she had a really twangy raspy voice and all's she wanted was a Bible. She would always ask me what's the catch? where's the hidden fees? you're not going to contract me to be baptized are you? just all of these crazy things. So as we started talking I asked her so why did you call to order a Bible? She told me that she's made some mistakes in her life that she can't escape.... Turns out when I was getting her address and information that she was in a state penetentary in Oregon. As confussed as she sounded on the phone, she new what she wanted and that was a fresh start. She had no where to run from her problems, which kind of made me feel for her but at the same time made me grateful for where I'm at in life and where you guys have led me. i wrote in my journal last night about graditude and i came to the conclusion that without your support and love i would absolutely be no where in life. so thank you. p.s. somethings wrong with this computer im trying to capitalize letters and make explanation marks but it's hit and miss sometimes. So I hope that you got my letter! Sorry it was a little later but I have been so busy here! Almost to busy to breath but it's a good busy! Today we went to the temple and just an overwhelming feeling came upon me today. It was the most comforting feeling that I've had since I've been here! It felt as if you both and Whitney were with me at the same time. I get that feeling everytime I'm around any of you and it just feels like home to me. It was a blessing to feel that way for a change out here but I'm doing really well in that sense, I miss home alot and you guys everyday but I also have an understanding of why I'm here! I'm getting lost in the work and it has made things go so much faster! My branch counselor's son just got back from a mission last week and he said it was without a doubt the fastest two years of his families life! Although I envy his position of already serving and being home, at the sametime I don't. I know I'm suppose to be here and what a blessing it is for me to serve the Lord! The food here is just like the Cannon Center so it's no that bad. Tell Debbie and Emily I said hello, I'm running out of time... We only get 30 min to e-mail which stinks but it's better than nothing, when I get to San Diego I'll have much more time to sit and write. So for now I'll leave you with this... Alma 36:3, it's about trials and afflictions read over it and it will help you just as much as it did me! My time's running out so I'll try to write a letter when I get time!Hope everyone's doing good!Love You!

Elder Lawter

No comments:

Post a Comment