Tuesday, January 19, 2010

WAZZZZUPPPPPPPPP!!!!

Good day all,
So how’s the craziness of life treating everyone? It’s treating me pretty well I think here. It’s definitely a different world down here, I pretty much consider myself serving in Mexico rather the U.S. but that’s ok, there’s a lot of good, nice, humble people down here but it’s sad to see some of the conditions that some people have to live in; no cell, no computer (which for most that would mean no life right off the bat), no car, no job, no money, 1 room for 8 people, I just don’t see how people do….but they do and they’re some of the most happiest people you’ll ever meet because in our eyes they might not have it all but in their eyes they do. They have the necessities of life; health, family, friends, faith, hope, the list goes on and on, on the things that don’t have a price tag them. It’s just amazing looking at some peoples’ lives and thinking man they have it rough but in reality they’re just living “The American Dream” as Uncle Russ would say haha. But things are all good here to answer a few questions, I live in an upper part of a house that’s pretty small, not insolated at all, has mice running around (which we’ve hunted down a couple), the floors are squeaky, the microwave is like the 1st one ever made, the stove is propane (haven’t seen those in a while), so yea it’s not as nice as my other apartment but it’s a temporary home for now. I love the missionaries I’m with they’re all a bunch of funny good guys and I love the people like I said before that I’m serving, they are all just so very nice and would give all they have to us if we were to ask. I’m still strictly on bike too, so that hasn’t changed much but I don’t mind, at least I don’t have to worry about the fat monster attacking me.
So this past week was a pretty good week, I think I’m finally settled into the swing of things and we actually have a girl that’s got a baptismal date for the 31st so we are looking forward to that! There actually haven’t been a lot of weird or cool stories this past week or transfer at that. I actually feel safer here than I do back in El Cajon as a missionary which is weird but all the gangsters and stuff they respect us and we’re actually friends with a lot of them so you kind of have your extremes. They’re all good people in the inside I feel but they just get caught up in bad things that they can’t escape and it haunts them for life and that’s something good about the gospel is it gives us direction. There’s a huge difference in the people who have the gospel to guide their lives through the “straight and narrow path” of life. It gives all who embrace it a sense of peace and assurance of where they’re going and what they’re doing here. It is so very precious; it answers all the questions of our souls, it answers our troubles, our worries, our concerns, and our doubts. As people have been telling me about the massive earthquake in Haiti my first reaction is always just sorrow and sympathy for those people because most of them never had the chance to hear about the gospel or even about God but the more I think of them the more peace I get knowing that they’ll be taken care. God’s plan for us is perfect, it’s flawless (like my game). Everything unfair and impossible about life, the gospel and Heavenly Father’s Plan of Happiness makes everything fair and possible. I’m so so grateful to know, and I know with all my heart that this gospel is true and that this plan, the plan for us, the plan of happiness is all for us. God does not do anything without first considering His children and what’s best for each and every one of them. He lives. He knows us. He loves us. We are each individually His children and He wants us to return to live again with Him and we can if we just put forward our faith and trust in Him in all times, in all things, and in all places.
I’m love you all so very much and hope that you have an awesome week and always keep our Heavenly Father in your everyday lives, I promise you’ll see the difference if you do. Stay safe, stay clean, and stay classy!
Love,
Elder Ryan Lawter (the man)

No comments:

Post a Comment