Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Helllooo everyone,
2010….and next year I’ll be back again.
So it’s crazy that it’s been 6th months already on my mission…. As I look back I think of all the struggles that I’ve/We’ve gone through this past year, all the trials and all the despair but it’s been the hope, the faith, and the blessings that have out weighed all the rest and it’s sustained us through it all. I often think about how much my life has been blessed this past year as I look at the life of other…. “Because I have been given much, I too must give.” I’ve been asked sooo many times; “Why are you out here?” “What are you doing?” “Why would you ever want to waste two years of your life, when you could be going to school and having fun?” and my simple reply is “Because I have been given much, I too….must give.” I’ve had so many wonderful experiences this past year and so many blessings poured down upon me, I’ve seen faith grow, hope rekindled, and ultimately life’s change. Sometimes we look upon change as a bad thing, but in all odds, all circumstances, if it’s a change in accordance to our Heavenly Father and His word…then it must be good. There are many roads, many paths we can choose to take in this life, both good and bad but that’s the meaning of it, that’s why we’re here and if we are eternally and faithfully attached to our Father and His Beloved Son, we will not be lead down a dark and lonely road. He is with us, He hears us, He watches over us through the thick and thin, He wants us all to return to Him again and it’s the change in our lives that is necessary that will qualify us for that blessing. It’s a new year and what a wonderful gift it is to be here on this earth, to learn and to grow. It’s now that we must figure out what “change” is necessary to put our life on the right path this year. A new year brings new hope, a hope for good, a hope achievement, a hope for the possible and nothing is impossible if we all put our shoulders to the wheel and push along. Just never give up or give in…keep going.

So this email is gonna be kind of short, I had some issues with the computer and email things, what’s new? This piece of 2009 junk, so out of date now. But I just wanted to give my spiritual thought and what I was thinking first and give a short summary of what’s coming up last. So transfers is wed and I’m pretty sure this transfer that I will FINALLY be leaving to Brawley… I think they just like playing with my mind but I’m pretty sure that this next transfer I’ll be soakin up the 80 degree weather don’t you wish you had it!? Haha ok it’s not that funny… I kind of feel sorry for you folks in the -1000 degree weather…. It’s gonna be a shock for me come winter next year. But yea that’s the update but I guess I’ll let you know for sure next weekkkk……. To be continued.
But I hope that you all have a good week starting out this new year! I love you all and prayer for the best for ALL of you!!!! Keep going always!!!
Talk to ya next week!!!
All my love,
Elder Ryan Lawter

No comments:

Post a Comment