Friday, April 30, 2010

Herrroo Home,

Finally got time to make it to the library when it was open! I couldn’t make it on Tuesday because Elder Hernandez and I went to the temple and since we didn’t have a car or a ride up there, we had to ride the bus….ALL…THE…WAY….THERE…. so that was a deep 2 ½ hour drive from our apartment all the way up to La Jolla but it was worth it like always and then all this week the library is either closed or it closes early because the city doesn’t have enough money to keep it open… which is kind of weird to me…San Diego not have enough money? I don’t know about that but whatev..

So how has everyone’s week been so far… can’t believe that we are already into May pretty much! Time’s goin to fast if you ask me! Tonight and tomorrow night Gladys Knight is coming into town to put on 4 concert/firesides here in the San Diego area and it just seems like yesterday that we were just planning for that but it was actually last year… it’s true what they say about the time on your mission…. It might just be goin by a little too fast if you ask me. But yea Gladys Knight and the Saints United Choir, the choir that she directs, is going to be here performing in the Stake Center in Sweetwater at 5:30 and 8:30 tonight and 4:30 and 7:30 tomorrow night, I’m really excited it’s gonna be a really good and uplifting experience from what President Donaldson has told us. The only way that people can get tickets is if they’re not a member of the church or if a member does want to come, they have to bring a non-member friend with them…so all-in-all I think the mission department is expecting around 5,000 referrals from these next two days and what happens is; each non-member who comes receives a gift basket delivered by the missionaries in their area and in the basket is a Gladys Knight CD, a Restoration movie, and a Book of Mormon. So this thing is gonna be big time here and keep in mind that all of this is FO FREE and that’s pretty much the first thing that we tell people is that it’s fo frizzle and they’re on the first bus heading over there so we have a lot of people coming with us so it should be a good time! So that’s tonight and tomorrow night and on top of that we have a “Mormon Helping Hands” project in Santee (goin back home for a bit) where pretty much a wave of Mormons overrun an area and do a service project there in their yellow shirts and all. Our service project is we’re going to a place called mission trails up in Santee and we’re gonna clean up the trails and make it all pretty like I guess, I don’t really know but I’m just excited to get out of the city for a bit and get a little call of nature outta me… It’s depressing I haven’t seen a cow or a squirrel in a coon’s age, I’ve seen every part of a cow on my plate for dinner, some still semi-alive I think but not a cow alive and kickin. So it should be a really good weekend but I better peace out now! I love you all I pray for you all and I cherish you all! Thank you so much for your love and support that I know you send each and everyday I can feel it and it goes a long way! Thank you all once again and have a boss week!

Con much amor,
Elder Ryan Lawter
p.s.) GO SPURS GO!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment