Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hey Mr. Hollywood

A few days ago we were watching a church missionary training DVD
which was filmed in Ryan's mission and we saw Elder Lawter on the video,
so that's where the "Mr. Hollywood" came from.
whatz up!
So.......I got transfered.....yea I'm hacked.....na it's pretty good where
I'm at right now but it feels like I got TOO attatched to the people over in
Chula....I got really close with some families and not too mention the
people that I was teaching and the ones who are coming up to be
baptized....dang it genna....that's alright though the important part is if
they get there which they will... I'm actually back on
bike....whoopie.....and to make it better I'm in an area called paradies
hills....HILLS.....they don't call it paradise HILLS for nothing...on the
bright side though I'm gonna have calfs bigger than a horse and a butt
firmer than schwartzeneger...so no complaints....kind of.... but the city
that I'm in is called National City and it actually boarders my old area of
Chula...so I didn't move too far but far enough. It's ghettoer here
FINALLY!!! Kind of feel back at home...still not as good as Logan but I'll
take it. The ward that I'm serving in is called the Bonita 3rd ward....which
Bonita in spanish means pretty so I think I got called to the right place
and fit right in. My comp is from Utah...kind of a dork.....so we make a
good team.....ha but we're hard at work I got a call last night from
President...he was asking about the area that I'm in right now and I told
him that everything's pretty dead that we definitely have a lot of finding
to do...and he told me well why do you think you're there and got plucked
from chula so fast....so I guess there's a reason for it all but we do have
a lot of work to get done and to build up our teaching pool because quite
honestly we have jack squat right now...so it's about to get even crazier it
looks like and as well I actually got another really cool assignment which
is working at the MCRD every Sunday morning which is the Marines Core
Recruitment Depo aka everyone who signs up for the mariens west of the
mississippi river comes here to this Depo for training and everyone east
goes to South Carolina...so we go into the LDS service find the kids who
aren't members talk to them a bit and ask if they're interested because
we're not suppose to proselyte on the base but if they say they're
interested then we can teach them and a lot get baptized so I'm way excited
for that and I'll let cha all know more on that.....man so that's the news
actually had something to talk about this time but I've gotta run I'll talk
with y'all more next week!! Love you all take care and have a great week!!!
much love,
Elder Ry Lawter

No comments:

Post a Comment