Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy Fall Y'all

Hey all,
So this will be another nice and sweet email. Things here have been really good! We've been finding more and more people each week to teach and adding more and more investigators to our teaching pool. It's been hard at the beginning because when I got to this area there was nothing...the pool was dry my friends.... so that was kind of the calling for my companion and I to find find find and the area been getting better and better each and every day. We've gotten way chill with the members and they've got our backs every step of the way so things are going really good! Just gotta keep goin on. All's it's been is just a test of patience and as I've looked over these past 15-16 months that's what it's all boiled down to is patience in the trial and faith in the Lord and in a sense that's what this life is all about. I was reading the Ensign from the conference last April and of course I was readin my man Dieter on his talk about patience and this is what he said... "Patience—the ability to put our desires on hold for a time—is a precious and rare virtue. We want what we want, and we want it now. Therefore, the very idea of patience may seem unpleasant and, at times, bitter. Nevertheless, without patience, we cannot please God; we cannot become perfect. Indeed, patience is a purifying process that refines understanding, deepens happiness, focuses action, and offers hope for peace."
He's definitely my fav! And that's exactly what I've seen on my mission and in my life that as we continue in patience we draw closer and closer to God and gain a greater understanding of His plan for us and what He has in store...it may not often be what we want or when we want it but it is for sure what He wants and when He wants it and that's all that's important and when we figure out that...that is when we are endowed with blessings upon blessings.
Love you all take care and have a good week!
Much love,
Senor Lawter

No comments:

Post a Comment