Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hello Peeps


So here's the thing....Conference was BOSS!!! I think I'm still on the
conference high right now... I don't know it just seems like NOW that I'm on
my mission and NOW that I actually watch and pay attention to conference
it's just pretty much the best thing ever. I feel like every conference that
somebody at sometime speaking just speaks directly to me..it cuts to the
core of me baxter. But definitely the message that I kept getting the whole
time is how close we need to our Savior and close we need to follow His
prophet and His counsels... I think that's been the common theme for a while
now because definitely things are getting harder and harder each day and
Satan is working full force because he knows this is the last chance to trap
as many as he can. But luckily for us we have the upper hand and a spur
defense. It's been humbling to see how bad people's lives get and at the
same time it's been amazing to see how people change as well through the
Gospel of Jesus Christ. I can't deny that these past 15 months have been the
hardest, most challenging months of my life; spiritually, mentally,
emotionally, even physically too (freak I'm outta shape)...I've been yelled
at, cussed at, spat at, I've had angry vegetables thrown at me, doors
slammed in my face, you name it I've been there but for some reason I've
gotta say it's been one of the greatest experiences of my life....and it has
definitely been an experience...and I think that's in part to watching the
Atonement of Jesus Christ change people and to watch someone be spiritually
born-again. I had no idea that it could get this good and feel this good.
Just last night we had a family home evening (Noche de Hogar en espanol)
with a family in our ward Los Munoz and a less-active family that we invited
over there too and there's been very few times that I've felt the spirit
that strong than last night....we didn't do anything special we just had a
lesson about temples, sang a song, played a game that we came up with, and
of course ate ice cream nothing special but just seeing the kid's
faces....and the parents playing and interacting with them it was just
complete bliss...it's everything that a family should be like and a home
that every home should feel like...the home is not the most sacred place on
earth right behind the temple for nothing. It's a place where lives should
be changed eternally and a place where the spirit of the Lord can always
reside and that was definitely the feeling last night. Like Elder Holland
I'm just grateful...grateful for everything in my life but most of all for
the gospel to guide all those important things in my life. It's not by sheer
coincidence that we're here right now. It's not sheer coincidence that we
are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives and it's not sheer
coincidence that we have more than we could ever asked for. We are a blessed
people people and by that alone I am truly grateful.
I love each and every one of you I pray for you and am so grateful for you
all. I hope you all have a great week and take care until next week.
One love-
Elder Ry Lawter

No comments:

Post a Comment