Tuesday, April 12, 2011

So Hardcore



La Familia Munoz 



Howdy everyone!
How's everyone doin? It's been really nice down here mid 70's sunny lot's of work goin on...can't complain. We actually have transfers tomorrow so I found out that I'll be staying another one here with my companion...so I don't want to jynx it but it's looking like I'll end my mission here with Elder Hill but I don't wanna count the chickens before they hatch....but it's looking that way. Then again I could be way off...there's going to be some changes soon in the mission so who knows what all will be goin on but wherever with whoever it's all the Lord's work and it's all the same...bringing people unto Christ.
I was reading something interesting a few days ago in the Bible Dictionary about faith. And I've thought a lot of times about what faith really means to someone and I can generally explain it but a specific answer for a specific person is almost impossible to explain but here's what stood out to me in the Bible Dictionary it said that: Faith is to hope for things which are not seen, but which are true (Heb 11:1Alma 32:21), and must be centered in Jesus Christ in order to produce salvation. To have faith is to have confidence in something or someone. The Lord has revealed himself and his perfect character, possessing in their fullness all the attributes of love, knowledge, justice, mercy, unchangeableness, power, and every other needful thing, so as to enable the mind of man to place confidence in him without reservation. Faith is kindled by hearing the testimony of those who have faith (Rom. 10:14-17). Miracles do not produce faith, but strong faith is developed by obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ; in other words, faith comes by righteousness, although miracles often confirm one’s faith." It's the last part that sticks out to me is that Miracles don't produce faith but rather it's our obedience and righteousness to all that God has commanded. And to think of what He's commanded us; obey the commandments for one, read the scriptures, go to church, pray always, share the testimony that you have.....things that definitely put our faith on the line to let it grow and that faith leads to a relationship, and that relationship leads to happiness...it's all God's plan for us and that's what we're sharing and through those things I know you'll be blessed!
Love Much,
Elder Lawter

No comments:

Post a Comment