Monday, August 10, 2009

Alright folks it's that time once again....your favorite time of the week! You are now about to take a stroll through the life of Ry-Dizawg.
How's is everyone....I'm doin fine!! Things are tight right now! Had my first baptism last sat. got a family that's going to get baptized next week and a girl that will get baptized here in the next few weeks! That's 5 more in a space of a few weeks! The sweet thing is they all speak English so it's not like I don't talk, I've taught all these people. Elder Law and I went to a Spanish fireside and all the missionaries stand out in front to greet everyone that comes in and when President Donalson came in the first thing he said to us is "There's my baptizing Elders," right in everyones face... Oh man it was great.
Ok so I'll get down to answering questions now
1.) The baptism was sweet! Everything went awesome! I'll send some pictures home, both to you all and Whitney since I've got more time this P-day, it's not going to be as stressful. Edson like two days before his baptism had a few concerns but we ironed it all out and he was good to go. I'll never forget my first one and I'm sure there's many more to come!
2.) B-ball was tight! You know I still got game. The Elders name was Elder Bean and he was pretty impressive. I guess after his mish he's going to go to OU to ball but I held my own. Of course he scored but so did I. I shut him down more than anyone else. I went on exchanges with an Elder named Elder Roberts; he's from Hawaii, he went to BYU-H and he said that I could easily make the team there. I don't know if I want to do that but I for sure want to play at UVU, so as long as I keep playin and stayin in shape I think I stand an alright chance of at least being the waterboy.
3.)Sundays are ok. Church is soooo boring because I'm pretty much clueless. I talk to the members who speak English and have become pretty good friends but all the classes and Sacrament is in Spanish so it's lame for me. We always have sweet dinners on Sun. though so I look forward to Sundays! I haven't had anything yet that has been too weird like Pig feet or stomach but that day is probably quickly approaching. Lookin' forward to that.....not.
4.) Mail comes everyday but we don't get to pick it up until P-days, so we only pick it up once a week at the mission office. Mail gets here usually in a few days, so if you send it by Wed. or early thur. it will probably get here by P-day. I did get your package. Thanks! but I was actually wanting my green backpack but that's ok I don't really need it, the shoes was the important thing that I needed so I'm pretty set. Thanks!
5.) We actually had a meeting about the temple and the Brethren wanted us to focus more on the work at hand instead of the temple, so we only get to go once everyother transfer now. Kind of a bummer but when it comes from the Brethren in Salt Lake what cha gonna do? Elder Law and I are planning to go some time in the next few weeks. I'm way excited!
6.) It's probably best if you don't send mail to my apartment. Everyone sends mail to the office because we're only suppose to get mail once a week and write mail once a week, now we don't really follow the writing part but I don't want things to really escalate and things like get out of hand. Plus I don't know our address ha.
The chili peps weren't the ones that I ate. I ate the satan ones that are freshly picked and freshly hot! I just saw those peps at Wal-Mart and thought they might be alright. Wienie? Bah! I eat habeneros for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Food-wise there are panda's, there is a chipotle that I found! there's no steak and shakes but pretty much almost anything else. Subway would be a good Idea, I don't wanna become fatty mc fat fat while I'm here.
So I've got to write my letter to president Donaldson. Instead of writing them we E-mail them, which is eh Stinky because it cuts into my emailing time. I feel so bad that this email is short and that I didn't have time to email anyone else but that's my life right now, I don't have time to blink. I love you all had am looking forward to next week. God speed.
Love,
Ryan
(I know I'm Elder Lawter but to my peeps reading this, it's still Ry-guy)

No comments:

Post a Comment