Monday, August 24, 2009

Aug 24th, 2009

Monday Monday da dah da dah da dum....da dah da dah da dum
Another week in the bag and another one to look forward to. I hope that you got my last email. I was worrying all week because when I went to send the email there was only 20 seconds left and the screen froze, actually it was the website, it happened to mainly everybody. The past week has pretty good, just trying to indulge myself in Spanish, you think that would help? Studying Spanish to learn it? Me too. It's just been really hard for me to prep myself coming here just to be disabled but I know that the Lord will provide. Only a select few get switched languages when they get into their mission and I know it's because the Lord knows their abilities, so I feel honored that Heavenly Father has put alot of His faith in me to learn the language. Not going to lie this is the hardest thing I've ever done; alot of stress, struggle, headache but on the flipside of that rainy cloud the sun is always shinning. This has been the most rewarding, fun, and just absolutely amazing experience. I don't want to sound to cliché because you hear this all the time from RM's but it's true, the good definitely out-weighs the struggle bar-none. I'm only 2 months into it but it seems the 2 months have only been 2 days. I can't believe how fast time has already flown by. Next week will be the end of this transfer and there's going to be a few changes in the El Cajon area. First off there's going to be a new Spanish companionship coming into the area so that will make 3 companionships, which means that the boundaries will have to be re-drawn sometime this week. I think that Elder Law and I will split up and we'll get new companions but we'll be in the same apartment together, which is good, he talks too much. ah ha. He's a good guy though, I've enjoyed my time with him. Another plus to the new companionship is we'll be getting a new apartment. Elder Law and I already found the apartment and we'll be moving in next week. It's sooo nice; granite countertop, no ants, a washer and dryer in the apartment, more room, neighbors that DON'T marijuana, drink beer then invite us over to join them. Our neighbors now are Looney Tooney. So I'm excited to be movin.
Let's see any stories
Ok 1st update on the Correa family, Felix's family, Mexican Uncle Kenny, the ones that were going to get baptized soon, ringing any bells??? Well No they haven't got baptized yet, they feel it's a muy muy importante decision, which is good but at the sametime they don't feel worthy I guess yet and that's the bad. They know the gospel to be true but they're afraid once they get baptized that they'll mess up afterwards, which is a given and we've explained the Atonement, the power of repentance, the sacrament, the whole nine yards but they still the same way. I know they'll get baptized sooner or later but it's the later part that scares me.
Umm oh yesterday we went to a less-active members house and I shared a scripture found in Alma about prayer and how the Lord needs to be in EVERYTHING that we do. Anyways we talked about it and the daughter-in-law her name is Ashley was quiet all night after I was done with the scripture, giving experiences in my own life, and expounding on it, she said "that's what's been missing." She said that she's been struggling with job, marriage, life in general and she said that the Lord was the missing link in all these things. It was just neat to see the Spirit of the Lord working through me, showing me what to do, and telling me what to say in helping other "Come unto Christ." I dig it.
The people are great! I've had fun talking to a whole variety of em. It's like the melting pot here; arabs, chinese, mexicans, araeseicans, you name it we've got it. It's fun the reactions we get from different people. I've seen more middle fingers than a...... well I don't know what has alot of middle fingers but I've seen alot. You get the point. And yet I've had alot of people come from across the street, shake my hand, and tell me how much they appreciate what I'm doing. It's a crazy world.
Sounds like everything's doing good back home which is music to my ears. I love missouri. Just throwing that out there. No way would I ever want to live here in California! Home is where you make it - Joe Dirt (Dad that one's for you haha) I like the idea of the birthday list and addresses by the way, send me those whenever you get a chance.
Well I think I've gotta run P-day's always a big day and we've got tons of things to do so till' next monday and if I don't see ya good afternoon, good evening, and good night. I love you all soo very much and appreciate all that you do and all that you've done for me! Lookin forward to next monday!
Much love,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment