Monday, August 3, 2009

Hola La Familia,
So I was kinda overwhelmed at all the e-mails that I got! Whoa Baby! I so popular! I might not have time to get to everybody so let's get down to the nitty gritty! Ok so I'll give you a schedule of my day....
6:30- Wake Up
6:30-7:00- We go and exercise which is usually basketball at the church.
7-8- Get showered, eat breakfast and get ready for the day
8-9- personal study
9-10- companionship study
10-11- Spanish Study
11-1ish- out contacting and visiting people
1-1:45 lunch
1:45-5ish contacting and visiting
5-6 dinner usually with members
6-9- contacting and visiting people
9-10:30- get ready for bed, write in journal all that good jazz
10:30-6:30 bed
Then start the process allllll over again. and that's pretty much my life for two years. Now that's how our schedule is suppose to go, it usually doesn't go exactly like that but it's pretty dang close!
So yesterday we got four investigators to church! Amazing, usally the mexcians say that they'll come to please you then they'll be a no show but we had 4 yesterday! One kids name is Edson, he's soo awesome! I don't know if I talked about him before but he's 19 and he's just a kid trying to make it through. He speaks English too which is cool because I've got to teach him from day one. We met him my second day here in San Diego and guess what.... HE'S GETTING BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!! My very first baptism!!! I'm sooo stoked and the cool part is that I've seen his process of accepting the gospel to becoming a member and I've had the priviledge to teach him since he speaks English! You'll find here that mostly all of the young people speak both English and Spanish and most of the old geezereds (ages 35-100...haha just kidding, that pretty much consists of everyone except a few that reads these e-mails, so I take it back :) speak just Spanish. It's kind of frustrating but it's motivation to get the language down, which is hard. I'm really struggling with learning the language, I know it's what's in store for me but it hasn't been an easy thing to be just thrown into the field, expect to preach the gospel and learn a language at the same time. We only have an hour in the day to learn Spanish and at this rate I might learn it Aug. 2011. Na I know that I'm going to get it down and I've seen huge strides it's just really frustrating to just sit in houses and not know what's going on or what anyones saying and the worst part is when people kind of stare at me after they say something and like expect me to know what they say. Other than that things are awesome! The people are way cool, the members are nice, the area is kind of trashy but for the most part people are real nice to us. I've been yelled at and flipped off a few times but eh it's fun, we just smile and wave back. I think that it makes the people who yell at us more mad because we don't get mad or frustrated haha suckers. Oh so back to church, so the other 3 who came is a family (There are actually 4 but one of the girls got sick, so just the parents and the other daughter came) They are awesome and funny! The dad his name is Felix and he reminds me of a Mexican Uncle Kenny haha kid you not! I'll send pictures from their baptism and you'll see for yourself! But they just absolutely LOVED church Felix was participating in Sunday School and High Priests, it was neat to see, they said it was muy muy bien! So I'm confident that they are going to get baptized in the near future. We have another that wants to get baptized and she's accepted but she has had some family issues that have been keeping her from going to church but she's another baptism that we'll have before too long. Oh and one more that's pn the verge is a family called the Marquez's. The younger boy's 16 and he's actually already baptized, we're just working on the parents right now and they'll get baptized too but they're just taking their sweet time which is frustrating. They know the importance of the gospel and baptism and they've seen the blessings since their son has been a member so they'll get there it's just a matter of time now.
So freak there's so much more to say but I only got 5 more minutes on the computer! We only have 60 minutes on the computer at the library and then it kicks us off so it's kinda gay. But we're going to go play basketball in Chula Vista. It's going to be our zone vs. the Chula zone, so supposedly it's going to be pretty intense! Chula has an elder that is a D-1 caliber player, so my zone's already appointed me to shut him down. I smoked it last p-day so my zone has seen me play and they think that I can keep up with this elder so we'll see. I'm sorry I'm so busy and haven't found time to write and things and to be short on my e-mails but I'm too busy to even blink, that's a mission for ya but Whitney-don't be clazy you know I'll always love you! I'm getting some pics and a letter in the mail today!
Grandparents I'm going to try my hardest to get mail out as well. So to find this time I've gotta run now so I love you all and I will talk to ya soon! Keep Writing!
Love,
Elder Lawter

No comments:

Post a Comment