Monday, September 21, 2009

Week 12....12 weeks is THREE MONTHS!!!

Hey Fam,
How’s everything going? Everything here is well…..everything. Things aren’t too bad, it’s kind of slow going but it’s still going. We had one of our investigators his name is Manuel, he came to church yesterday and was so excited to go home and to tell his family about it. I told Manuel after church I said, “Uno mas clase,” (man my Spanish is bomb) and he got really really excited so I kind of felt bad because I was just kidding but he’s all kinds of fired up about church and being baptized even! He’s come a LONG way since last transfer. Elder Law and I went there every now and then but he wouldn’t do anything, we’d tell him to come to church, he’d say yes then he’d be a no show, said he’d read on his own, Newp, said he’d pray everynight, Nice try. Just all these promises that he would make with us he would never do but now he’s reading, he prays every time we come over which is a HUGE step for that small man (he’s like only 5’ 2”, so dad it could be worse) but he came to church yesterday, we fellowshipped him with a couple in the branch and he and his family went to FHE last night with the couple and we didn’t even know about it! So he’s pretty much boss now. He’s a hoot too! Oh he even quite drinking so the loser boozer side of him is out the door. So things are going really well with him. We have a few others that are doing magnificent it’s just a struggle to get people to church because most of the Mexicans we teach don’t have that much money and they have to work on Sundays so that’s probably the hardest thing to see for me is someone that embraces the gospel sooo much but just can’t make it to church because they need the money, but the everyday good out weighs the everyday bad hands down. I’ve loved my mission so far, I guess because I just love people. I love watching them, talking to them, helping them, and seeing what walk of life they’ve come from. I’ve heard just absolute nightmare stories and for me to be a light in their life brings me a lot of happiness and it’s helped me through the mission process and it’s helped time go by faster because I love what I’m doing and the people I serve. It’s a blessing in itself to see others being blessed by the gospel. It’s fun, I love it, it’s da best.
Oh before I forget could you also send me my Fighting Temptations CD, my Josh Groban Christmas CD, and any Disney CD that I have, they should be either in my car or on my CD case that I have beside my desk. That would be awesome if you could do that, I love Mo Tab but I need a little bit more rhythm and spice in my life.
It’s sweet to hear about your callings. Both major responsibilities but I can’t think of anyone more qualified than me peepa and mama! I’m proud of you. I have told you lately that I love you both too? I really do! Both of you SOO much! Thank you for raising me, for taking care of me and giving me fooooood I like that last part. And just thank you for loving me. I wouldn’t be where I’m at and I wouldn’t be going where I’m going without your guidance and support and this goes to the g-rents too. I feel so blessed to have so much love and support behind me and this also goes to the g-friend too but I’m so lucky to have all of you and this goes to the g-friends parents as well….freak you know what this goes out to everyone! Thank you!! I love you all sooo dearly and appreciate you all soo much. Each and everyone of you have a special place in my heart and I want you all to know that! I hope that you all have a good week and I will be sitting in this seat again next Monday! (Hopefully with a few baptisms to talk about! We’re close!)
Ok love you all!
Hasta Luego,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment