Monday, September 28, 2009

Week 13: Crankypants.

Hey Mom and Dad,
So it sounds like it was a fun weekend with camping and fishing. It’s funny because just yesterday while we were walking my companion and I were talking about what some of our favorite things to do are and talked about our perfect and guess what I said…. Yep camping at the lake, riding bikes at 5 a.m, just the feeling and smells of camping that I remember going with grandma just take me back but that time will be here soon enough when EVERYONE can go camping again! Let’s go my first month home. Deal? Deal.

So this week was a crummy week. First off I woke up one morning with a really bad sore throat, which stuck with me for a few days, I’m over it now but it was bad! I just caught like a three day virus or something; my body was so sore and achy, had a lot of flem, it just wasn’t a fun thing especially when we went out biking in 100 degree weather, it was garbage, I felt like garbage but I stuck through it can’t believe I survived but I did. Another thing that happened this week was everyday it seemed like either Elder Morales or I got a flat tire on our bikes. Sweet Dedra it stunk! Plus we have to go buy stuff each time to repair it. It was just a Satan week this week. The worse day though was Friday. We were biking (mind you I was still feeling like poo) for like 10 miles to visit someone and it was 10 miles of pure hillage the whole stinkin way! But we were biking up this MASSIVE hill, better yet let’s call it a mountain, Mt. GINOURMOUS, and when we were probably half way up this mountain we heard this big POP and then pssssssssssss….. I looked and Elder Morales and I said don’t tell me… he ran over like a nail or something and it just dominated his tire. Not cool nail….not cool. So we then had to walk all the way up this hill then down it and up another hill then down and so on and so one. It was 100 degrees out I was sick and my legs were starting to shake because I was getting heat exhaustion but stupid me I still kept going. Luckily the house we were going to were members because we were eating lunch with them that day and it was too much farther from where we got the popped tire but it was not fun. I was a cranky pants like Whitney would say the whole time we were walking. So that was my week, oh and better yet when we were riding in the car with the other Spanish Elders we went to go get gas because we were below E and the little latch for the gas tank opener wasn’t opening haha it’s kind of funny now because its already happened but French it sucked while it was happening. So we tried starting the car to drive it to dealership which wasn’t too terribly far and guess what happened…… Uh ya car no start which make a Ryan upset. So we had to push the car a quarter of a mile to the dealership. I’d like to listen to someone who had a worse week than I did because I’m pretty sure I’m the winner for the crappiest week award but it just adds to my testimony. Why would the adversary work sooo hard to beat us down and to try and keep us from working? Because he knows how important this work is that we are doing. He knows it’s true so he’s doing everything in his power to try and prevent it but he’s just fighting a losing battle for himself. “Nothing will stop the work from moving forward.” I didn’t get too terribly frustrated this week because I know that all of these struggles were worth it and were going to be worth it in the future. So Sunday rolls around which was yesterday and we were waiting in the foyer and it just seemed like an army that walked through the doors just one right after the other, we had a lot of our investigators show up to church. It was such a blessing and sooo rewarding to see that all of our struggles and all of the trials that we went through this past week were worth it. “Today’s trial is tomorrow’s testimony.” How true that is. Through these past 3 months now I’ve been able to be apart of miracles, just absolute miracles, which has just strengthen my testimony even more and it just has solidified it in my hear. Se que Jesus es el Cristo. Se que Jose Smith esta un profeta de Dios.Se que El Libro de Mormon es verdadera con todo mi corazon. Se que nos Padre Celestial vive y tu hijo vive. Se que el evangelio es verdadera y es muy muy importante y muy especial. Yo dijo es cosas en el nobre de JesuCristo. Amen.

My testimonay in Spanish. I love all of you soo very much and I wish you the best weeks ever! (Or at least better than the week I had ) Keep on keeping on!

Much love,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment