Thursday, September 10, 2009

Yup, another email-less week. Dang it, Labor Day!!!!!

Back to normal this Monday (hopefully.)

********************************************
SIKE!!!!! Got a surprise one!

Here is Ryan's weekly email. Once again, he had computer issues. So he printed his email off and mailed it to us....Good Job Ryan!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The softball team Ryan is talking about in this letter is the team Ryan and Whitney were on last year. Ryan was the pitcher and Whitney was the catcher.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Troy and Chauncey are brothers and they just left on their missions this week.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Everyone,
Geez it feels like forever since I've been able to email home! Stupid computers. It's lucky I'm a missionary or else I'd have some choice words for this hunk a junk.
So how's everything going? Well ya as you know by now which I don't know how you do, it kinda stinks because what I was going to tell you, you already know but ya I'm on bike with a new companion. His name is Elder Morales, he's a pretty cool guy, he's from Provo so he's kinda weird sometimes but he's not too shabby. Our apartment is pretty nice too, it's got it's own washer and dryer so that's a huge plus! Oh our other companionship that is living with us is driving me insane in the membrane! One of the Elder's is new, fresh out of the MTC and he shows it! The dude will not shut up about himself, me, me I, I.....one of those guys. I'm lucky, actually HE'S lucky he's not my companion, it would be a long transfer for the both of us. Everything's well though. Being on a bike is fun, it's hot and hard a lot of times but at least I'll be lookin like a black man with my tan after the transfer.
So I got your package yesterday. Thank You! I love getting pictures from home, makes me feel like I was there. Jessica sure looked good, looked like you all had a good time, especially putt-putt golfing 50 times. Dang it! Wish I was there. Oh well, I'll catch other weddings of hers. Ha Ha, ya don't show that to her or Aunt Ann. Totally a joke!
So it sounds like the softball team is suckin big time! Well, when you lose your STAR pitcher and catcher then your bound to lose, you can't find that kind of chemistry between a pitcher and a catcher if it hit you in the head. I bet you don't find a lot of pitchers and catchers that kiss each other either, we're just the perfect duo! Fo sho!
It's awesome hearing about Troy and Chauncey, you'll have to send me their addresses so I can write them and see how everything's going with them. I'm glad I'm already through with that going to the MTC process. Not a fun time saying goodbye. At least now the clock is ticking and July 2011 only gets closer and closer.
So I was reading in the last Ensign and there's a talk by Elder Holland about Joseph Smith and his trying time in the Liberty Jail. This talk is one of Whitney's favorites and it's quickly becoming mine too. It's such a good and uplifting talk. It focuses on our trials in life and how we can make those "prisons" of ours into "temples" and take a lot of good from bad situations. Some of the most inspiring and comforting words written to me are found in section 121, so when you get a chance, sit down and read his talk, it's really good. I've read it a few times before because critic "Whitney and Nielsen" gave it two thumbs up, but it never hit me as hard as it did until I read it first when Whitney printed it off and sent it to me and second, it was in the Ensign. Warmed me right up and gave me a sense of comfort and determination to make my time away from home a temple. I've been thinking lately about that and it's amazing how attitude can change lives and make miracles happen. There's always going to be rain and gloominess on the underside of a rain cloud but if we're able to put ourselves above that Debbie-downer state (no offense Debbie Purdy, or any other Debbie's reading this) and put ourselves on the other side of that cloud, where the sun is always shining and it's a state of happiness and peace then our lives will be that much better and nothing will ever break that happiness. So, I choose happy....being a "happy dwarf" instead of "grumpy dwarf". If you get the chance look at that talk in the recent Ensign and read over section 121....it's way good!!!!!
Well, I'm glad I FINALLY got an E-mail out, I hope it gets there safe and sound!
I love all of you who are reading this because it shows that you love and care for me as well!!! Take care and "keep on the sunny-side, always on the sunny-side".
With all my love,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment