Monday, February 1, 2010

CrAzY tALk

Hey errrybody…
I think I’m gonna just holla at cha in ebonics dis email because dats all I
get from my homies errday on da street…you know whaa I’m sayin…word
Naaa I’m just kidding… It is pretty funny though to hear all the dialects
down here… you’ve got your Spanish gangster talk, black gangster talk,
Spanish people who butcher English (bless their little hearts … I know how
they feel) and there’s a bunch more but it’s truly a different world down
here but it’s really fun talking to people here because they sure do have
some crazy stories. Oh which speaking of Mexicans… what do you call 2
Mexicans playing basketball………… Juan on Juan pahaha! I about peed my pants
when I heard that one… That’s some good stuff but anyways.. how’s everyone’s week been… Things are going good here. Just a lotta lotta things to do so it’s getting pretty insane… We have a lot of investigators right now that we’re teaching so things are going pretty good here… Random thought be we actually had an earthquake here this morning… My very 1st earthquake…that I know of. It wasn’t too big of an earthquake only a 4.4 so you could feel it but it didn’t do any damage or anything serious.
Another cool thing that happened this past week was the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center re-opened this past week. There was a festival and a parade that some of the missionaries here were able to dress up and march in and there was just a lot of cool stuff going on. It was a really good weekend and just really cool to see the church use some high tech stuff in the visitors center…. So if you’re ever in San Diego… 1st call me up and then 2nd head over to the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center… It’s really worth the trip.
So other than that there hasn’t been a lot of huge news… just the same ol’ same ol’ head to work at 11 shift ends at 9, bed at 10:30, up at 6:30, and back at it. Sounds kind of boring and lame when I put it like that but it really is the best! It’s the Lord’s work that we’re talking about here… how can you not be happy in the service of our Lord? It’s just amazing to see the hand of our Savior in this divine work. There’s just really no experience like it and I’m just so grateful to be out here right now, preaching something that I know to be true and teaching something that I know will bless the lives of other immensely. I’ve gained such a greater appreciation of pretty much everything here on my mission; my family (everyone included), the gospel, the sacrifice of our Savior, the power of prayer and the scriptures, being home, being with family and friends, just anything and everything you can think of…. I’ve gained a greater appreciation for and that also includes trials and adversity…something that I’ve been really familiar with the past few weeks. It sounds silly to say but trials are necessary for our eternal growth and that’s exactly what they make us do is grow. Trials and adversity are all a part of Heavenly Father's plan of redemption, all people experience adversity during their lifetime. Trials, disappointments, sadness, sickness, and heartache are a difficult part of life, but with the help of the Lord they can lead to spiritual growth, refinement, and progress. The Prophet Alma taught in the Book of Mormon that “whosoever shall put their atrust in God shall be supported in their btrials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.” Amazing counsel from a Prophet of the Lord. I just want to encourage everyone to keep going to keep growing. I think that’s been a key phrase for me these past few weeks…”keep going to keep growing.” That’s what it’s all about… it’s a journey of growing and a journey of faith. So whatever the circumstances of your life may be…. “keep going to keep growing.” And that’s when the Lord will intervene and help you out with all that goes on in your life. Everything WILL be taken care of when the Lord is at the realm.
Welp I better head but you all have an awesome week this up coming week and stay safe!!
Love you all and will talk at cha next week!!!
With much love,
Elder Ryan Lawter
Keep going to keep growing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment