Monday, March 15, 2010

Be of good cheer!

(***Sorry I don't know why the formatting is being dumb!***)
Dear Family,

Whazzz up! Let’s see it’s Monday the 15th here, it’s 12:08 and it’s…..should
I say it… yeah, it’s 77 degrees here! We just got done playing Frisbee and
I’m kinda bummed that we had to come in for an hour to email so you all
better feel pretty stinkin special cuz I’m missin out on some rays…. I know
I know… tough life this kid has right?? It’s so nice outside right now, I
think that we’re gonna go back outside and just stay out the rest of the day
so it should be a good one, but how’s everybody doing? Seems to me like this
week has kind of lagged a bit especially yesterday with daylight savings and
all.. it was funny because we show up at church yesterday around 8:45
because church starts at 9 or somewhere around 9 if you’re going on Mexican
but we get there and literally there is absolutely nobody there, just the
branch president and a few other members and that’s about it! So we get our
classes started and get going, then around 10ish or so…here they start
rollin in. I actually think that the Branch President was expecting it… to
tell you the truth, none of us in the apartment remembered until somebody
called us that night to remind us… so we would of fit it pretty well if that
person didn’t call us… kinda mad that he did yesterday though…that hour is
pretty crucial…didn’t know that hour could make such a difference but it
sure does…it’s not a huge difference for all the oldies though, they get
their nap in at Sacrament regardless so it’s all good. We actually received
a message yesterday night on our phone with some pretty sweet news, it was
the A.P’s telling us that our mission here in San Diego got a total of 20
baptisms I think, 20 or 21 something like that but our mission got 20
baptisms last week and they said that that hasn’t happened in like 70 years
or something like that so that was pretty exciting news! The work is sure
pressing forward and nothing is going to stop it. Just as Joseph Smith said,
“The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the
work from progressing; … the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and
independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime,
swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God
shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.”
It’s amazing what’s going on right before our very eyes. Last week I had the
privilege of coaching a companionship during our MTE, which I found out, is
the Mission Training Experience btw… in case you were wondering but it was
incredible to me because we were first coached by President Donaldson, who
was coached by Brother Allen (who’s a member of the missionary department),
who was coached by Elder Clayton (Presidency of the Seventy), who was
coached by the Quorum of the Twelve, and list keeps going up until you get
to the number honcho…. This is God’s work and He’s going to direct it in the
manner that He sees fit, so what we’ve been learning from President
Donaldson in our training is truly revelation from the Lord, so if that’s
not amazing enough, it’s more amazing to put all that we learned in the MTE
to practice and to teach and find and help people who are lost inside, find
Christ. I went out with a few Elders in Rancho, which is pretty much El
Cajon, so it was cool to go back but the Elders were English Elders and from
what they’ve said, is that the Rancho area is slow and has been slow for
forever, but we went out, added a bunch of new investigators which is
supposedly impossible and came out of it with a guy who is getting baptized
at the end of the month and who is soooo ready to be baptized… and this is
just after 3 days of being there! It really is incredible! I’m so happy to
be here and to be able to see the Lord’s work and prophecy unfold. I love
it! This truly is the work of the Lord and the work of angels! I honestly
don’t know where my life would be without the gospel…. Not in the direction
it’s heading that’s for sure. So I’m so thankful to have the Atonement and
the Gospel in my life… and to have each and every one of you as well… I love
each and every one of you…. I pray for each and every one of you… and I hope
that you all have a great week!

Much love,

Elder Ryan Lawter

No comments:

Post a Comment