Monday, March 8, 2010

Hey what’s goin on everyone!
How’s everyone been doing this past week? It’s been a crazy busy week with the MTE and everything else in-between, I don’t think I’ve ever been this busy and go go go my whole first 19 years combined, missionary life is a crazy life but it’s also been a fun and rewarding one. There have been numerous things that I have learned on my mission and attributes that I have better developed and I honestly don’t think that I could’ve learned them any other place. I’ve been really bad the 1st part of my mission talking about the work that’s been going on so I think that’s something that I’m going to write about just briefly from now on in my emails but the work right now is going good, we added 5 new solid investigators last week who you can tell have been so prepared by the Lord and we’re actually going with 2 of them to the Mormon Battalion Center tonight with them and they are bringing some of their friends so “I guess you could say things are starting to get pretty serious.”  But yea our teaching pool is huge right now but it’s also filled with a lot of people who just love us coming over, talking to them, teaching them a little bit, and that’s it, no action on their part so it’s kind of a struggle to let some of those people go but there’s always tons more of Heavenly Father’s children prepared to listen to and accept the gospel, so it’s kind of just a big revolving door with investigators for us but it’s fun at the same time because we get to meet soooo many people…. I hope that all made sense, I don’t know if it did or not… My mind’s going 1,000 miles per minute, I’ve got a lot on my mind, partly because I’m at the retarded library and this guy is yelling at me because I’m on the computer when the kids are suppose to be on… I don’t know and partly because we have so much going on in this area right now… it’s stressful but it’s good at the same time… it’s all a good stress…. If that’s even possible….
So I hope that everyone’s been doing good lately, in whatever may come your alls way…  these past 9 months or so I’ve had a once in a lifetime opportunity to walk down the streets of San Diego and see a lot of people from a lot of walks of life and it’s been really humbling to me to see these people, who are in much much worse situations than we could ever dream of and here we are complaining about maybe the weather, or the satellite reception, or traffic, or cats, whatever the case may be… is it really that bad? Is our lives so bad that we need to get worked up on a lot of things? Some of the happiest people and most humble people that I have ever met; don’t have a car, or a home, or even a family to go to and yet they still go forward with faith and importantly with a smile on. That is where we need to be… that is the people that we need to be…. Not homeless haha no not even close but a person who goes through life through the thick and thin with a smile on each and every day… rainy days come sure but what’s the point of being gloomy along with the day… SO let’s all go forward with faith with a smile on and it will just make everything that much better.
I love and pray for you all and hope you all have a great week!
Much love,
Elder Ryan Lawter

No comments:

Post a Comment