Monday, March 22, 2010

It's spring!

Hey family,
So be warned this email might a little short I've got a lot to do today with such little time, we've got a very very important person coming to our mission on friday so I've got to cut my hair, dry-clean my suits and ties, polish my shoes, clean my apartment, and probably repent for even killing a fly today... yea that's how legit it's gonna be friday.. I'm not really suppose to say who's coming but let's just say.....it's Jeffrey R. Holland!!! Welp so much for that secret...yea Elder Holland's coming on Friday to dedicate the Mormon Battalion Center then he's going to speak to the Mission so we're all way stoked!!! Oh and also at the end of April Gladys Knight's coming to perform a fireside concert for investigators and the only way that you can get in is with a ticket and the only way that you can get a ticket is bring an investigator...so our mission is planning to receive around 5,000 referrals from this ol' deal...pretty exciting huh? Just a lot of sweet things happening right now and also Elder Hernandez and I are probably going to have a baptism during conference weekend.. it's a husband and wife that are probably the sweetest investigators that I've ever had... just so prepared and so accepting of the gospel; they even went to the temple grounds with out us even talking about the temple, I actually think that that's the first thing that got them interested was the temple here in San Diego. The temple is set-up perfectly here, it sits right beside Interstate 5 so there's a lot of people that wander on to the grounds just out of curiosity and I think that's what happened with Aldo and his wife Carmen. It's such a blessing to have temples on the earth today that are so close to access for us and what a blessing they are for families to be sealed together for time and all eternity, they're really where families become together forever. It's truly a heaven on earth and a blessing for all members of the church, we just need to take full advantage of it. I'm so grateful for this gospel and to have the opportunity to spread this message to all those in need. I'm also grateful for you all and for the love you all send this way. I pray for you and love you all and hope that you have a great week! Take care and God bless!
Love,
Elder Ryan Lawter

No comments:

Post a Comment