Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Howdy-Ho

Hey everyone,

So how’s everyone doing? I hope that everyone is doin hot and dandy! Today we had transfers again! It’s hard to believe that I’m almost half way through with all of my transfers! But we went to transfers today and how transfers work is our zone leaders get a letter from President Donaldson telling them what missionaries are leaving, what missionaries are picking up a new companion, and what missionaries are training and then they send out a voice message to all the missionaries phones in the zone the night before transfers telling people if they need to pack or if they’re going to get a new companion tomorrow or what not. So we got the message yesterday and the message didn’t have anything about me leaving or Elder Hernandez leaving so we were pretty stoked to hear that we were stayin, no sweat huh? Yeahhhhh…….. mmmmm……. So Elder Hernandez and I decided to go to transfers anyways just to see who was getting transferred and all and plus I was going to find out who all was going to be in my district and talk to president a little bit about the areas and such so anyways we were sitting in transfers and all of a sudden President calls my name and it kind of caught me off guard but I stood up cuz I thought that he was gonna tell me stuff about the areas and my district and stuff but that wasn’t the case…. I was actually standing up to get a new companion…..darn that revelation…ha So yea to my surprise and Elder Hernandez’ and everyone else pretty much I got a new companion, his name is Elder Thomas and he hails for Honolulu, Hawaii…Aloha braaaa…. He’s a pretty chill guy, this is only his 2nd transfer so I’m follow-up training again which is gonna be fun….He doesn’t know a whole lot of Spanish either so it’s really gonna stretch us but I’ve got a really good feeling about this transfer and I know that it’s definitely gonna real and it’s gonna be good…you could even say, it’s gonna be real good. I’m stoked actually…. I’m gonna miss Elder Hernandez a lot, I love that kid but he’s not going too far….just to the other room ha… it’s weird because Elder Morales’ companion, Elder Williamson got transferred so Elder Hernandez took his place and Elder Thomas took Elder Hernandez’ place… Does that make any sense? So yea it was kind of a weird flip-flop but it’s all good I’m happy and excited for this transfer ahead of me mi espanol is gonna get lots better…it’s gotta get lots better and that’s what excites me, it’s gonna push me to the limits but it will be for the better, nothin’s as bad as it seems and if you truly have faith then you won’t fear a thing. I love this. I love what I’m doing, I love this gospel, and I especially love the Lord. Nothing is impossible…. I hope you all have a fantastic week and know that I love you all! Take care and be safe!

Love you lots all and much love!

-Elder Ryan Lawter

No comments:

Post a Comment