Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Soon To Be Fathers Day!

Word fam,

How’s everyone been?? It’s been good here as well…nother day another dollar… nothing way exciting… well we did have a pretty good size earthquake I think it was Monday night… it was around 10 I think and we were just chillin in our room and all of a sudden the whole place started shakin…reminded me of the earthquake that we had on Easter… it was pretty close to the same size…prêt..ty large… Only thing that really happened was I got a sweet butt massage from my chair and my bottle of shampoo fell…other than that not too much happened but it got me thinking because earlier all the leaders of the mission got together with President and we were talking about the what’s going on in the world and how it’s affecting the work both for the good and the bad and he gave the example of when the Resurrected Lord came to the Americas in 3 Nephi 11… in the previous chapters the people started to become prideful, wrapped up in money, lustful, a lot of the similar things that we see today in our world… and we know that before Christ came to visit these people there were fires, and earthquakes, and storms and many people perished because of this..but they were humble afterwards…at as soon as they were humble and ready a voice spoke to them but they didn’t recognize it…and then it spoke to them again and they “understood it not,” and it wasn’t until the third time that they opened their eyes and witnessed the divinity of the Resurrected Lord Jesus Christ….and there a strong resemblance to those people in the Americas and us now… the Lord is preparing the way for Christ’s 2nd coming…earthquakes, tsunamis, the economy…bad things are happening in the world that are definitely humbling people and preparing them… we’re on the doorstep of Christ’s 2nd coming and I can see that more now than ever…we are proclaiming the gospel and yet people still “understand us not,” and before you know it the world’s going to open their eyes just like the people in ancient America. That’s why I’m here that’s why this work is so important..that we make people open their eyes and become believers…the time is now…one last time to gather His sheep and I’m just happy to be a part of it. I love it as well as I love you all I pray for you always and hope for you! Have a good week, be safe, and take care!

Much Love,

Elder Ryan Lawter

p.s Happy father's day to the papis!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment