Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Howdy!

Howdy (y)all!

How's y'all doin!? Things down here are good as always work, fun, play, teach....my life es da best...actually this week no not really... I got kind of sick over the weekend so that was pretty much a week ruiner and one of our investigator who was suppose to be baptized a couple of days ago got talked out of it by her husband, he pretty much told her me or the church...so she kind of got hesitant because he's pretty much the tortilla winner of the family and I don't think that she's confident enough that if something does happen that she'll be able to take care of herself so it's gonna come down to pretty much a test of faith with her... The husband still allows us to meet with her, teach her, allows her to go to church (well sort of) but he's just against the fact of her being baptized he feels that since she was already baptized that it's kind of playing God even though she knows that the church is true and all..con tiempo... she'll get there with time and he will too I think... We're gonna play soccer with him this Saturday so that should be a good time to talk with him in a non-threatening way I guess but yeah we've got lots of people that are right there waiting, wanting to be baptized it's just one or two little things that are keeping them back like working on Sundays and not being able to go to church, or family members being opposed, you know things like that so it's hard for us to find those "elect" people who are so ready to receive the gospel but the adversary knows that as well and likes to make it difficult but with time and patience and diligence as well with these peeps and no doubt in my mind they'll be ready and prepared to make those so important covenants because "homeiswhereumakeit". Other than that nada is hapnanen...well a lot is happening but all the same is goin on....

I want you all to know like I let everyone else know down in Barrio Logan that I know this church is true... I do without a doubt... there's a lot of confusion in the world today and the place that I tell people to look is in Jesus Christ and in His gospel... with it everything makes sense...where we came from, why we're here, and where we're going it all comes together when we find what we're searching for and that's when we truly find ourselves. I love this work...it is the work and the purpose of the The Father, The Son, and of the Holy Ghost...it's their work and I'm so happy to be apart of it... it's what ties and binds our families together forever. It's a good thing my people!

Welp I'd better get runnin lots ta do with not a lots of time. Love you all like always and pray for you like always! Take care, be safe, and stay classy!

Have a good week!

Much love,

Elder Ryan Lawter

No comments:

Post a Comment