Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Howdy Folks,
Welp like you said the 100 day mark has already come and gone and we’re creeping up to the 6 month mark before too long, time will go by fast to the 6 month mark especially with the holidays coming up. Oh speaking of holidays, Halloween’s coming up. It’s cool because we only work in the morning and afternoon then we get to come inside around 6ish because of all the wackjobs out there, so we’ll get to throw a little party of our own. The same goes for New Years, and I think St Patties day because of all the boozing boozos. I don’t know why started my email off telling you that but I just thought it was a fun little fact. So how is everything going? I got your card yesterday but the dumb music didn’t work. Fiddle sticks. I was looking forward to dancing like a hamster but do you think no music was going to stop me? Not. Thanks for the thought though, it’s the thoughts and little notes like that, that get me motivated and ready to tackle the week. So it’s crazy to say but transfers are coming up TOMORROW!!! Can you believe it!? I’ve been in SoCal for 12 weeks now! It doesn’t really feel like time has gone by that quickly but now that I look back, you bet your beans it has. So how transfers work is on the P-day before transfer Wednesday the Zone Leaders of the Zone get a letter that says who’s stayin, who’s leaving, who’s picking up a new companion, who’s training etc. so like all the information of what’s going to happen in the zone for the next transfer. Now the Zone leaders aren’t suppose to look at the letter until Tuesday night at 9, then everybody finds out what’s going to happen but lucky for me I’ve got my hook ups with the ZL’s aka Elder Ulrich my man. So I guess he opened the letter a day early because us missionaries are impatient when it comes to transfers but come to find out I’m staying another round here in El Cajon, along with my companion Elder Morales and TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION MOTHER DEAREST, why yes……. We are getting along quite eloquently. Ha but really we are getting along. He’s a weird-o and a goofball and a nerd…..but so is Whitney and look how well we do. Elder Morales is not even close to a Whitney but we do alright together. It takes a lot for me not to get along with someone. So yup that’s the word, I’m glad I actually got to tell you first hand but I’ll still be on bike, same apartment, same everything but new swagger. Last transfer was a huge learning experience for me in my mission and in my life, Conference had a lot to do with it but it’s the personal revelation that I’ve been receiving from the Spirit that has taught me the most. Everyday and it never seems to fail I get someone to tell me that I’m wrong, that I’m stupid for what I’m doing, or that I’m just wasting my time. I get a lot of people that mock me, that yell at me, the make fun of me, that tell me to “hail satan,” (you won’t believe how much that happens) but someone somehow always tries to break me down and it stinks, I’ve never been criticized or told that I was wrong in my life but it’s only been making me stronger. Everyday someone tells me that what I teach is wrong but everyday I get to teach and testify what is right and how good does it feel to be right. I know that it’s right, I know that what I’m doing is God’s work and there’s nothing that stop its progression, I wouldn’t be sacrificing 2 years of my life to teach something that I was unsure of or that I had doubts of. It’s true. I often think about how much Joseph Smith was criticized, chastised, and humiliated because he taught something that he knew to be true, he saw God the Eternal Father and His Son and he “could not deny it.” I’m not a Prophet of the Lord but I know just as well as the Prophet did that this is true and I “cannot deny it.” I’m so grateful to be able to tell someone without a shadow of a doubt that the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God and that the church is under the direction of Him through a living Prophet. I love what I’m doing and I love this gospel. It’s the “work and the glory” of the Lord and I’m soooo happy to be apart of it and testify of it!
I love all of you! And I wish a good week for you!
With all my Love,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment