Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Howubeen?!!

Whud up family,How’s the homestead? Things are goin pretty sweet here. We went hiking at 6 in the morning this morning to the top of a mountain in La Mesa and it was so cool because right as soon as we got to the very top of the mountain the sun peaked it’s little head over the other mountains and we got to watch the sun come up on the valley and the ocean. We could even see Tijuana through all the smog and mary jane smoke haha. You wanna hear something ironic though, through the whole San Diego valley the only city to have pollution and smog over it was….yup good ol’ nastiness El Cajon. The armpit of America. It’s really a trashy place. Just think of Excelsior Springs on steroids and you’ve got El Cajon. Ya it’s that bad (Dad be sure to show that comment to Ratliff) but it was an awesome hike up the mountain. So I heard about the Chiefs, bunch of suckas. I made sure to wear a bag over my head yesterday. Man they suck so bad. Football season is terrible, missionary work wise because it’s tough getting the die hard charger fans to church. I swear on Sunday afternoons it’s like Provo, there is no one out on the street because they’re all inside watching football. Bunch of punks. So how are the Spurs doing? I can’t believe it’s already the basketball season again. How’s Gar Bear and the dogs lookin’? Think they’ve got a shot with Starzl down lizzo? Keep me posted!Ok I’m through with worldly things now, I love the spurs, ok now I’m down so let’s get down to the nitty gritty. Yesterday was an awesome day. So it was about 8:30 and we haven’t had dinner yet, so Elder Morales and I were both starvin like Marvin but instead of going home and getting something to eat, we decided to visit one more person. Oh before I forget mom could you send me my North Face hoodie (it’s getting pretty chilly, I’ve got warmness deficiency) and the sister act cd (Motab just isn’t cuttin it anymore, I’ve got music deficiency) oh as well as Whitney too (if you could box her up and ship her out that’d be great, I’ve got Whitney deficiency). If you could hand deliver these things that would be good (I’ve got momma deficiency) thanks! Anyways back to the story so the person that we went and visited his name is Moises which is Spanish for Moses and Elder Law and I actually found him looking for someone else because Moises is that someone else’s roommate but we talked to Moises jeez it’s been 10 weeks that we’ve been talking to him and he hasn’t shown a true interest until the last couple of weeks. A few nights ago we asked him if he was truly happy and he said “la verdad… no” which is “the truth…no” He said that he hasn’t been happy for awhile, he’s 40 years old, not married, lives with like 20 other Mexicans in one apartment, and he works everyday of his life for nothing really. Then he said something amazing he said that the only time he really gets happy is when we come over, which is cool for us to hear but sad at the same time. He said there’s something about you two that makes me feel all good inside and feel loved. SCORE!!! So at the end of the lesson we read 2 Nephi 31 which talks about the “Doctrine of Christ” and following Christ by being baptized by His authority and after we read that we committed him to baptism. “Segiura al ejemplo de JesuCrito por alguin que posea la autoridad del sacerdocio de Dios? El ocho de Noviembre tenemos la servicio bautismal. Se Preparara para ser bautisaudo en es la fecha?” Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God. We will be holding a baptismal service on November 8th. Will you prepare yourself to be baptized on that date? And before we could even finish….”SI!!! SI!! SI!!!” I’ve seen true miracles on my mission, I’ve seen life’s changed and people change that I didn’t even think would be possible. Moises is a pure example. Going from a guy that wanted nothing much to do with the church to becoming a member! It’s soo sweet! He has a date for the 8th so pray for him!!! It’s been a great week! I hope that it keeps getting better and that all who are reading this has a good week too! Hope is the leading light, it guides us through our darkest hours and to our brightest days.I love all of you and pray for you daily! Hope you all have a PERFECT week and I’ll talk to you next Monday!Love you all mucho mucho!Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment