Monday, October 5, 2009

Word Family,
So how was last week? Particularly how was General Conference??? So many good words spoken in each of the sessions! I think I took like 23 pages of notes or something crazy like that. I’m going to have to go back and read the Ensign next month and read all of the talks again because I think I missed some things from writing so many notes. I’m like you guys too I had the distinct feeling like everyone was sitting right beside me watching; Whitney, you two, the grandparents, it just felt like every word that came out of one of the General Authorities mouths I could relate to you, my family. Dad I thought of you when Elder Ballard was talking about the Father and Son relationship and how special it is during General Priesthood and I thought of everyone when President Eyring spoke about families. I just couldn’t help but think how lucky I am to have a family that loves me and that has always loved me. Missionaries have started to call me “the Mailman” not Karl Malone mailman, well I do deliver on the court but that’s not the case here but because I get a steady dose of mail each week. I feel bad because I’m like money bags getting mail while some get zilch, it’s not that their family doesn’t love them I’m sure but it’s just that my family loves me sooo much and cares about me sooo much. It’s heart warming for me, and I don’t think I would be able to fully realize this unless I was away from home for a little while, like here on my mission. How very grateful I am to have you all each and every day of my life, whether I’m in California, Mongolia, Pluto, or right next to you, I feel that love you have for me and I see it everyday of my life. I liked what Pres. Eyring said, I think it was Pres. Eyring, I can’t remember fully I need to go back over my book of notes but someone said something along the lines of the love that our families have for us, times that by infinity and that’s how much the Savior loves us, each and everyone of us. Thinking of it like that shows me that the Savior’s love is astronomical and yet….unconditional. It doesn’t matter if you live in a box, a shoe, a mansion, if you’re the Jonas Brothers, William Hung or if you’re Ryan Lawter just waiting for his chance to make it big (which is coming btw, be on the look out for my debut) the Savior will always have the same love for us as He did when we walked with Him in the life before. It’s kind of hard to put in words how much I love each and every one of you and how much I love my Redeemer. He lives. He loves. He is the Shepard of us all and He is our example, He spoke of no evil and He did not touch an unclean thing and He performed the greatest act in history, perfectly, so that we might live again with Him for the space of eternity. He did so much for us and it was all in the act of love, in love for His brothers, in love for His sisters, and in love for His Father. I talk to people everyday on “Coming unto Christ,” but not only should we do that but we should be like Christ, in every way. It’s my prayer that we strive to do this and not only will it strengthen us and our testimonies but strengthen all those around us.
This last week has been excellent! General Conference, no flat tires, and the temp. has been around like the 60’s, it’s been perfect! Reminds me of good ol’ Missouri fall weather! Ees da best! I love it!
Well la familia I hope that you all have a good week and I hope that you are able to feel the love that I have for each of you and love that the Lord has for you! Love you always and am so proud to be your son, grandson, boyfriend, whatever title, I’m proud and so grateful that you’re my family and love me so much! Have a B-E-A-UTIFUL day and have fun!
All my love,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment