Monday, November 2, 2009

Helllllooo everyone,
How's everything going? Things are well in El Cajon, kind of chilly actually, it was in the low 60's a few days last week! It feels nice for a change! So it really bums me out to find out about Aunt Maryln but there’s also comfort and peace to be found to. This past week my recent convert Edson pretty much dropped us, doesn’t want to see us, doesn’t want anything to do with us and it hurts, not as much as losing Aunt Maryln but it just made my whole day horrible. I couldn’t get over it until…I thought of what could comfort me most and pick me up… so I read and prayed. I felt so much more joy and happiness in a place that anyone can ALWAYS find much joy and happiness….the scriptures. The message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ IS without a doubt, a message of joy and happiness that comes from the knowledge that Christ lives, that He suffered and willingly sacrificed the greatest sacrifice so that we may live again. There’s a few videos that I found that are videos from living apostles of the Lord and I think that they can say it a whole lot better than I can.
1.)

http://www.youtube.com/mormonmessages#p/u/43/EpFhS0dAduc
because Christ suffered for us, we may have the knowledge that we are never alone. Through our darkest times and our deepest sorrow we may have the surety that God is closer to us than He has ever been, He’s right there beside us where He always is, and He’s watching over us and holding our hand and He always will. We are not alone. God weeps when we weep, He wants the very best for us and all that He has and because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ we are able to obtain all that He has. He is literally our Savior and Redeemer, Salvation cannot come through us alone but through His atoning blood. There’s no doubt in my mind that Aunt Marlyn is in a better place, a place of happiness and rest from all cares.
2.)

http://www.youtube.com/mormonmessages#p/u/58/tVNYhcYEwIE
it’s the best remedy, to laugh. Laughter not only is good for the soul but it’s good for the souls around. I sent a package out to Whitney last tue. Or wed. something like that and on Sat. I went to the Mission office where all the mail comes in and I saw that there was a package for me, in the same box that I sent Whitney. I thought jeez that’s creepy I just sent out a box just like that, then I got closer and saw Whitney’s name on it and thought cripes that’s even creepier, she sent the same box and for some odd reason wrote the addresses in my hand writing style…..Then it finally dawned on me. I mixed up the addresses and sent the package to myself! Haha It’s times like those that you can either get mad or you can just laugh it off. Lucky for me I realize that I’m a ding-dong and I just laughed and laughed haha so sweets your package is coming….it’s just got delayed a little bit because I wanted the goodies in the box but I guess I better send em’ back. Haha. Live. Love. Laugh. You can’t have one without the other.
3.)

http://www.youtube.com/mormonmessages#p/u/61/naqX9iYE0V0
I’m soooo sooo very grateful for all that I’ve been given. I have been blessed with a loving EVERYTHING. A loving family, An eternally loving Heavenly Father, A loving Savior, loving friends. I count my blessings every night and I have been truly given so much. I realize as well as Whitney too, we’ve realized since I’ve been gone “the little things in life.” There are many things that I take for granted everyday that some people don’t have. I have my health, an education, I can do little tasks that are near impossible for others to do and I’m so grateful for the many things that I have been blessed with in my life.

I have a divine testimony of the word and gospel in which I’m teaching. I know that through our lives we ALL go through heartache and sorrow but whatever the case maybe the Gospel of Jesus Christ can and will help anyone, anywhere, at anytime. My plea is that we laugh a little more, that we love a little harder, and that we give thanks to all the many things that we have because not everyday is promised but there is promise for comfort and strength through all that we go through. This email went in a total different direction than I was planning but know that I love each and everyone of you but most importantly Heavenly Father and His perfect son Jesus Christ loves all and knows what each of us is going through. I hope that you all have a good week and Live. Love. Laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment