Tuesday, November 17, 2009


Word from your movie star,How’s everyone doing!? So last Friday was my big reality show premier, and I just shined on stage like a diamond in the sun. Ok so a little exaggeration but it was really good, I made some comments in the zone conference that was filmed so we’ll see if they actually make the cut. We filmed for 3 hours and they are going to cut it all the way down to 12 minutes or something like that, so a long time filmin just for 12 minutes but it was fun and good too, we talked about commitments and invitations in our zone conference with President Donaldson, that man is genius, genius, genius! I just love getting insights and learning from him. Then after zone conference we had our interviews for transfers, which was BOSS!! So president brought me in and was asking me about how the branch is doing and to be quite honest it’s not, it’s going down hill and it’s hard to get the members to help us out, so he gave Elder Morales and I the assignment to work with as many less-active members as we can and try to build up the branch as much as we can, “before we leave.” President Donaldson told me he said, “you know why you got switched?” I was like uhhhhh…. He said “It’s because we needed you as fast as we could so we had to get you out here fast and then switch you.” He told me that the Spanish work here in San Diego is about to go through the roof and there’s going to be a lot of new areas opening up and a lot of things going on and he told me that he needed me. So he challenged be to just blitz my Spanish so that I can do all I can to help these new areas and branches open up. So chances are that I’m not going to be sticking around El Cajon any more, which excites me. I’m so ready to get out of this are and to go some where else, particularly, cough, cough the desert. President pretty much told me that there’s going to be a branch opening up in Brawley and that he needs me out there to usher it in so to speak so I’m way excited to go out to the desert! There’s not much out there…..which reminds me of Holt so yea I can’t wait! Now this is just speculation but ya I’m like 92% sure. The only bad thing about the desert is I’ll only get mail like every 3 weeks which is really tough but it’ll be like Christmas with all the letters on that 3rd P-day. So yea…..the desert.So my week has been a-ok. Some funny things happened for one I wrecked my bike got all bloodied up yea it was cool. I won’t go into any details but it was a one man wreck meaning I need training wheels, I flew over the handle bars meaning I need a seat belt, and I ate a lot of pavement meaning I should have got stitches, I probably should’ve actually on my chin, it was a pretty good gash but I just threw a band-aid on it and called it good, it doesn’t look too shabby. Only bad part is I still look like Jay Leno and it’s still it hurts but I think I’m fine. So that was on Thursday, then on Saturday, you know how people always yell at us here….Well I was waiting for it to happen but they finally threw something at us bet you’ll never guess what it was……..Yea it was carrots and celery, who throws carrots and celery!? I mean honestly? The funny thing was though there was a kid with a dominos sign across the street and they threw their vegetable bombs at him to but he shielded himself with his sign haha. Buncha punks here but it’s a memory.So that was my fantastic week other than that, things are going smoothly. I hope that everyone has a smooth week and watch out for flying those vegetables. I love you all and will talk to you next week!Much love, all my love,Elder Lawter (Ryan)

No comments:

Post a Comment