Monday, November 9, 2009

Hey family,Sorry you got this email pretty late but this morning I got to go to da ZOOOOO! It was sooo boss. Elder Ulrich and Elder Layton acquired some free tickets for Elder Morales and I and then there were 8 others, so 12 missionaries total at the zoo today and for some of the time I think that we were a bigger attraction than the monkeys, people just can’t help but stare. I don’t mind it really, they look at me and I just stare right back and smile. So this week was a fairly good one, a slower week than others but it was still pretty good. Remember last week when I was talking about Edson and him not wanting to talk to us, well we got a call on fri. and one of his friends told us that Edson got a DUI and that his parents are kicking him out of the house. So I don’t know if he feels guilty to talk to us or what but at least there’s a reason why now, so we’re going to stop by a lot this week and see if he will talk to us or if we can find out where he’s staying. Oh mom can you send me that blue and grey gap vest as well as any other sweater that I have, at nights it get pretty chilwey wiwwey bikin around and also the Sister Act 2 cd (if you can find it). Thanks! And thanks for the CDs last week, the Elvis ones are off the chain! Never thought I’d workout to Elvis but I do every morning, it’s crazy good.It’s weird hearing about the stake presidency being changed around, it’s going to be especially weird getting my exit interview by some guy I don’t even know instead of President Leinhart but I’m not gonna complain either way when I’m home.So how was Elder Nelson? That’s pretty sweet you being so close to an apostle, kinda jealous not gonna lie but I got some pretty cool news myself. So you know a few weeks ago when I was talking about the camera crew here in the mission documenting us to replace the Preach My Gospel videos well not only was I filmed last night at the Charla in San Diego but our zone is going to be holding a special zone conference that’s going to be filmed on Friday! It’s about time I get some camera action. Ha na it doesn’t bother me at all actually I think I’d be really uncomfortable with cameras following me everywhere I went so just a few times of being on camera is enough for me. So I heard briefly about the shooting down in Texas, pretty crazy what all happened exactly? I feel kind of weird being out of the news loop but then again it’s kind of nice to be solely focused on one thing, one very important thing and just let the world and troubles keep turning. I see it everyday. I see it in the streets and I see it in the people’s eyes. It’s sad to see and to talk to so many people that just literally have nothing and here I am with it all. I count my many blessings and am so grateful for all that I have.So random thought about being out of the loop, I didn’t even know that Bryce and Lauren were a thing. Uhhhhhhhhh when did this “officially” happen? Lauren H. right? Man my friends need to write me and give me the 411. So there’s not really much else going on just same ol’same ol’ missionary work, we’re coming up on the end of transfer 3 that’s almost 6 months! ¼ of the way home but still more to go which is good. I’m having fun, I’m enjoying myself, as I think everyone should be, if you can’t enjoy your life and what you’re doing then what’s the point of doin it? I’m grateful for my opportunity to serve as well as the many other opportunities and blessings on those opportunities. It’s all good and it’s all worth it. Just keep truckin forward and never look back. I love you all and pray for the bestest week of yo livessss. Much love,Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment