Monday, November 23, 2009

Gobble Gobble!

To whom it may concern,
(I’m starting to run out of ideas for my opening header)
How’s everyone doing this gobble gobble week? Can’t believe it’s already Thanksgiving and the holidays, sure doesn’t feel like it! Time is starting to take off and the mission is starting to fly by! My week was pretty good. Didn’t fall on my face this week or get veggies chucked at me which is a plus so it made for a fairly decent week. Let’s see last Monday a bunch of us missionaries got together and played some football until we couldn’t see any more which was a lot of fun, reminds me of playing at Grandpa and Grandma’s house until dinner was ready then I would; come in, eat, and then go right back out with all the other punks until the sun went down. It just feels good to be a kid again sometimes, actually all the time for me but that was a blast. Then Monday night through Tuesday, I went on exchanges with Elder Ulrich because I don’t know if I’m going to be staying or going, I actually might be staying after talking to Elder Ulrich but I’ll know for sure on transfer day which is this Friday. Exchanges was sooo much fun! Elder Ulrich is such a sweet and chill guy, we went and visited a lot of people, in a car! Went and ate some bbq (kind of disappointing compared to KC’s bbq but it was still good to get some bbq in me instead of Mexican food that burns holes in my stomach), and just had fun doin work. It was great to get to teach some people in English, kind of made me want to be switched back to an English Elder but I know that’s not my calling, my calling is Spanish for a reason, it’s just hard to have patience when you’re in the thick of things. It’s a struggle everyday but I love it. Yesterday we got to finally teach a kid that we’ve been trying to track down for a week or two and it was such a spiritual experience and lesson! The kid’s name is Christian, he’s a senior in school, plays soccer, and works a lot to help support his family so I can see where his busyness comes from but he’s one of the sweetest guys that I’ve had the blessing of teaching. He’s actually a friend of my recent convert, Edson and that’s where we first met him and got to talking to him about the gospel was at Edson’s house because Edson wasn’t home, we started talking to him and it’s so amazing the paths that Heavenly Father takes us on and the people that are just so ready to hear the message of the restored gospel and you can just tell that this man is so ready and willing! It’s awesome. But we were talking to him last night, getting to know him better and just his background in life and he’s just the normal kid; going to school, not knowing what he wants to do in life, might join the military. He’s just at the crossroads in his and he’s looking for direction and it’s cool because he said that he’s looking for spiritual direction as well, so I pulled out the Book Of Mormon and started talking to him about it and how in a world full of confusion and turmoil the Book of Mormon is there to guide us, to direction us, to comfort us, and to answer sooo many questions that we desire to know; like where to we come from? Is there more to life? What my purpose in this life? Where do my family and I go after we die? Just questions of the soul that we all ask ourselves and the Book of Mormon is there give us the answer to those questions and right after I started talking to him about the Book of Mormon and before I even committed him to read and pray about it, he looked me in the eye and said “I’ll tell you one thing, I’ll read this book cover to cover and find out if what you are telling me is true or not.” I was like ooooh baby, this guy is sweet! So yea that’s pretty much our first lesson with him in a nut-shell, he’s just so willing and you can tell that he’s searching for direction and truth in his life, so I’ll let you know how it goes with my main man ray. But yeah doesn’t sound like an amazing week but to me it was! So I hope that you all have amazing weeks and have a good thanksgiving and are able to appreciate the many things in life that we hold so dear to us and are so grateful for. So cherish the moments and cherish the blessings in your lives and don’t take any of it for granted.
Love you all and will talk with you LITERALLY ON THE PHONE soon!!!!
Much Love,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment