Monday, November 30, 2009

Week # I lost count!

What's on Fam,
How was Thanksgiving. It was kind of a hectic week this week for me; had Thanksgiving on Thursday, transfers on Friday so it's been kind of crazy but it's all good. So yea I'm still in El Cajon.....on bike......with Elder Morales....it's all the same game, nothings really changed. Kinda wanted to head out to Brawley but it's all good here. President Donaldson said something cool at transfers, he said you're called to a people not an area. So there's a reason why I'm staying and I think that I found it out. Recently we've been teaching a kid named Christian, I don't know if I've talked about him before but he's pretty sweet. Just a really cool kid that I feel we can help turn his life in the right direction. He's been through a lot with parents divorce, life, where he's at and he's just really confussed, doesn't really know where he wants to go in life or anything but he's set on listening to us and reading and looking for direciton in the right place. So I think that's why I've been here for 6 months to teach him and help him, he speaks English and is just one of two who is fluent in English out of all our investigators. So I'm way stoked for this month and hopefully we'll have a good Christmas present with a baptism. Other than that, not a whole lot going down here in big El Cajon. Thanksgiving was pretty good, we went to a members house for a bit ate....and ate...and ate....and ate so now that I'm 40 lbs heavier things are good....it's a good thing I'm on bike. But then after dinner we went to the stake center for the transfer pinata, where we find out who's getting transfered, so it was a pretty good day, couldn't help but think of home and being inside playing games and such but that's ok only one more thanksgiving away. So the work is going pretty good, the area's kind of struggling but that's why I'm called here, to roll up the sleves and get to work. Well sorry this e-mail is going to be kind of short but we've got to go and get a few things done before our luncheon appointment with the old ladies, so I will talk to next monday and hopfully have a lot more to talk about. So have a good week and a good start to the Christmas season! Love you all!
-Elder Lawter

No comments:

Post a Comment