Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hello Spring




Hey everyone,
Welp...how's it going...again? Things are going really good here just tryin to get these Mexicans to keep their commitments...it ain't the easiest thing for some reason but it's our work as Spanish missionaries I guess...so come what may and love it. So I've got a really cool experience that happened to us last week but first I'll fill you in on the new news that's been happening here....nothing new.... ok to the story haha well there's always things that happen every week but it's kind of all the same rejection, accept, rejection, rejection, accept...I think every teenager should go on a mission so that when the hit the dating scene they're already used to rejection haha... until you find the golden one....the one that you've been looking for and weeding through from all your work...that's the one that really matters. So in saying that Elder Hill and I parked the car one evening and just walked so that we could contact people on the street and talk to people because we didn't really have any set appointments so on the way to a house on the other side of our area we talked to a few Hispanics one was about to accept then her devil friend butted in and just wanted to bash against us about the reality of Deity and the argument of the Trinity so that was a no...talked to another lady who invited us back so we got a yes!..then another who said no, then no, no ,no ,no again....then uh....no, ha so you get kind of where our night was goin that night so then we walk by a house that has two like horses for dogs...they're HUGE German Sheppard's that I think purposely just try to scare the crap out of us every time we walk by so we usually walk on the other side of the road haha... but my comp had a feeling to knock the door and little faith Lawter I was like are you crazy!? have you seen the missionary killers that they have inside those gates!? I can only imagine what their owner looks like!!! But he said that he felt it so I was like welp can't really argue with the Spirit so we went and knocked on the door...turns out we're still alive number one but number two..nice guy buuuuuuut it was a no.... ha so we keep walking. And then we were almost to our place that we were heading to and we passed this house and my companion was like I saw a Mexican inside should we go talk to em... you all know what I'm thinkin right now ha I played it all in my head...were gonna walk up to the door since I know spanish and my comp not so much cuz he's really new and still learning I'm gonna try and there's another rejection to chalk up on the board but he's like I feel it inside that we should go knock on the door so once again can't really fight with the promptings of the Spirit so I was like ok let's go.... so we walk up and see a guy standing in the kitchen so I was like hola como esta and he didn't even turn around so I was thinkin in my head haha yup...don't say I didn't tell you so...but we walked to the door and knocked on the door and another guy came and answered and we just said hello but that was it then he left the door open and walked behind the door to the kitchen so we stood there and he came back like 30 seconds later and was like come in come in.... So I was like what the heck!? haha this never happens!! ha but we walk inside and the mom and son are sitting at the kitchen table and they were like the nicest people ever! They offered us food, drinks, pretty much anything so we got to talking and it turns out that the guy that was in the kitchen when we walked up is actually deaf and then they told us that they all actually got in a big fight as a family so when we showed up they just let us in...and so after talkin a little bit bout how important families are to our church and beliefs I asked her "so I'm just curious but why did you just let us in I mean we didn't even say anything you just let us in." and she said we just look at you....and who you're representing....so we talked a little more got an appointment with them tomorrow and they said that they're coming to Church this Sunday. We may get 100 no's in our path in life.... we may have 100 trials before we get to our destination but what makes it all worth it is that one yes and that we arrive to where we're going and that is exactly what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is all about. When it gets too hard...when the road seems never ending...there is help...and there is peace at the end of the journey. The Gospel is a thing of transformation for a person one can become anew through the Gospel of Jesus Christ which Gospel has been restored to the earth today in it's fullness. If you're not a member of it...find it...learn more about it...I promise you that it will open the blessing of Heaven among you more than you can ever comprehend. If you are a member and have steered away from it a bit...return...and never look back again. and if you are a member and are active in the faith...stay.... for it is a blessing of eternity...a blessing that will be with us forever. I have a testimony of it and I know it will bless and change lives at it has mine.....
I love you all like always and rejoice in being a member of His true Church...which church will make one whole.
Have a great week!!!
Love,
Elder Ryan Lawter

No comments:

Post a Comment